Volunteering for ABC
ABC is run entirely by volunteers. None of us get paid for our work with ABC - we’re motivated by simply wanting to help.
If you’ve got time and energy to spare, we’d love to have you on the crew. click here for volunteer form.
Volunteer drop- in to sorting donations
Can you can spare a regular day/ few hours a week to join our team of volunteers or simply drop in when you have a free hour or so.
- Tuesday 11am-3pm - free shop helping and sorting
- Wednesdays 11am-3pm - free shop helping and sorting
- Thursdays 11am-3pm - free shop helping and sorting
- Saturdays 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month 10.30 am-1.30pm - general help (volunteer drop-in)
Other Volunteering opportunities
- Events, stalls and Festivals
- Drivers - could you help with donations collection and deliveries?
- Hub maintainance and build - the building is old so we always need handy people and trades people who are happy to volunteer their time and skills
Jen or Peter will be there to welcome you during these times.
Ways you can help.
Helping out at the hub - From staffing the free shop, being on hand to answer enquiries, or doing odd jobs to keep the place ship shape, the needs and opportunities at our Redland base are constantly evolving. Get in touch if you’re interested in occasional or regular volunteering at the Hub.
Sorting aid - the hub is now set up to collect and sort aid for us to distribute to camps in Europe. Come and help us sort the aid into manageable loads to distribute on the ground.
Hold a fundraiser - Any activity can be turned into a fundraiser.
If you‘ve got an idea or want inspiration, let us know and we can help you with organising and fundraising packs. Here are a few ideas….
In a band?
Put on a gig!
Work in an office?
Have a whip round.
Do a sponsored run, yoga marathon, Tough Mudder or any other activity for the cause.
Host a quiz night, party or cake sale.